This job is an ‘on-call’ position with a minimum of 9 hours paid biweekly and may require after-hours and weekend work. The successful applicant must also be able to supply their own transportation to and from the garage when called in.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating one (1) and five (5) ton plow/salt trucks, skid steers with attachments and sometimes backhoe to remove snow and ice from town property.
- Inspecting, cleaning, lubricating, repairing and refilling equipment.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices, including routine inspection.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year related experience and/or training.
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Class 5 or 3 driver’s license.
- Clean drivers abstract.
All candidates seeking the equipment operator position will need to demonstrate competency at time of interview and supply training records and/or references in relation to equipment operation. Snow removal experience also an asset.
Job Type: On Call
On call hours: Minimum 9 hours biweekly
Expected start date: November 15, 2021
Expected end date: April 30, 2022
Salary: $19.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: Must be fully vaccinated